Players spend ~$100bn on in-game items but cannot trade them or turn gaming into a career.
Games companies are building closed worlds without REAL digital items, which means:
- Players can only rent short-term entertainment value
- Players cannot be adequately rewarded for their labour
- Players cannot build long-term, scalable businesses
We believe this is wrong.
The mobile team RPG genre is the perfect fit for blockchain gaming and a vehicle that can disrupt the entire gaming industry:
- 1.NFTs improve mobile RPGs for players: High spend is no longer a sunk cost which means players are more willing to invest time and energy. The NFT economy adds depth to the metagame and introduces new strategies which RPG players love. Players can buy heroes ‘direct’ instead of going through a painful gacha system. Players can enjoy play-and-earn instead of pay-to-win. Hero collections are more rewarding and easier to showcase with proven scarcity.
- 2.Mobile RPGs are an attractive market: Mobile RPG genre is massive, fragmented, and has a very high spend per player. There is a large opportunity to break into and completely disrupt this category.
- 3.RPG assets are built for trading: RPG-based assets such as heroes and items have deep collectability and can be differentiated by utility/power, making them highly appealing to trade or collect.
- 4.Proven interest in real-money economy RPGs: RPG economies are already familiar to players via games like Runescape, WoW, Diablo, EVE, etc. Players are itching for a game with a real-world economy!