There will be a maximum of 1 billion Guild of Guardians (GOG) Gems. Gems issued may be subject to a transfer restriction on a case-by-case basis to ensure an appropriate number of tokens relative to the number of players.
Guardians Guild Limited
The circulating supply of Gems is designed to incentivise long-term growth and sustainability. The anticipated circulating supply schedule is illustrated below:
- 11% of the total supply of 110,000,000 Gems are reserved for sale. From the full amount 5% via a private and 6% for the community public sale to encourage its early use and allow early voting to be done on game direction or features.
- Private sale tokens will unlock over 30 months, with a 12-month cliff.
- We may also provide early access to the game or exclusive heroes (NFTs) to early backers.
- Any funds received from the sale of Gems will be used for marketing upon game release.
- 200,000,000 Gems will be allocated to Leonis in payment for development services in building out the Guild of Guardians game.
- These will unlock over 48 months with a 12-month cliff to incentivise long-term growth.
- 350,000,000 Gems will be set aside in a rewards pool which distributes Gems to players depending on qualifying game behaviours.
- Every day there will be a fixed number of Gems released from a smart contract (or otherwise secure system), and these will be distributed to all players who were active during that period and meet the reward program criteria. The fixed rewards may change over time. The intention is to reward dedicated players based on how actively they play or have played in the past.
- Examples of play behaviour (or criteria) that would be incentivised:
- Playtime (e.g. amount of energy used)
- Account level/character progression
- Account history (activity in the past week)
- Completion of daily quests
- There is a large pool of rewards dedicated to players because players will be using these rewards to summon heroes and craft equipment.
- These will unlock over 48 months following the game launch, which is estimated to occur in 2023
- 280,000,000 Gems will be held in a discretionary rewards pool called ‘Community Rewards’, distributed to the community on a discretionary basis. 220,000,000 Gems will be made available from day one, and the rest of the tokens will be distributed according to the road map.
- The discretionary pool has several benefits:
- Rewarding activities are difficult to quantify but add significant value to the game and game economy, such as referring a friend or managing the community. Providing rewards to the entire game community makes the game better not just for its regular players but for the entire network.
- Allow for iterations to the rewards distribution approach to make the game as successful as possible.
- In the longer term, the allocation of discretionary rewards will likely be decentralised so Gem holders can vote on what they want to see for rewards.
- Example allocations of discretionary rewards include:
- Bonus rewards for founder NFT purchases
- Liquidity mining
- Content creation and community participation
- 3rd party development
- Partners and advisors
- Competition rewards
- Guardians Corporation will hold 60,000,000 Gems: 30,000,000 of them will be available from the first day in a Corporate treasury, and Guardians Corporation intends to commit some of these tokens to liquidity pools and other corporate uses
- The remainder unlock over a 48 month period with a 12 month cliff