Play and Earn
There are various ways for players to earn money when playing Guild of Guardians. We will also have systems to avoid bad faith actors from flooding the market to ensure that legitimate players and their assets maintain their value over time.
- The only way to create NFT items in Guild of Guardians is from Guilds.
- Crafting materials will be a drop from dungeons. Players can contribute crafting materials to their guild to craft blockchain items, which will automatically be sent to the market to be sold. The profits will automatically be split proportional to each player’s contribution.
- Crafting of equipment will require all types of materials, including those that can only be found in lower level dungeons or by using heroes from specific factions, meaning that both new and experienced players have a specialised role in Guild Crafting and must work together.
- In addition, certain crafting materials will only be available as drops to heroes of a certain faction, which adds even more economic specialisation and strategic depth.
- In Guild of Guardians, there will be a set of never sold heroes that can only be 'merged'.
- Players can play for free to earn common heroes (which aren’t tradeable).
- Players can then merge multiple heroes into ones of a higher (tradeable) rarity, meaning players can play for free and eventually work their way up to owning legendary heroes! For example, merge 5 duplicate Rares into 1 random Epic hero.
- The heroes that are found through merging create a purely player-driven economy, as merged heroes will not be sold by Guild of Guardians.
- Crafting materials will be a drop from dungeons. Players can contribute crafting materials to their guild to craft blockchain items, which will automatically be sent to the market to be sold and the profits split based on each player’s contribution.
- Guild of Guardians Gems (tokens) will be distributed on a daily basis to players who play the game. This may require players to reach certain progression milestones, complete daily quests or do other game activities.
- Guilds will compete with each other to earn 'leaderboard prizes'. These will likely reset every season and are designed to reward the most competitive players.
- Prizes will likely be tiered — there will be global prizes that all Guilds compete for, as well as specialised prizes that Guilds compete for within their tier (e.g. Adventurers Cup for all Adventurers Guild).
- There will be additional ways to earn as well, which we are exploring, such as NFT drops from Guild-based game modes like raids and guild wars, ways to earn cosmetics and many more.